How we use and protect your data
This website is operated by The Corner Cupboard – an independent business. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors when exploring our site or communicating electronically with us.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We confirm that we will keep information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with GDPR and all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force.
By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to: email@example.com
WHO ARE WE?
We are The Corner Cupboard, a Sole Trader based in Cornwall, UK.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We obtain information about you when you use our website – if you purchase something or if you sign up to receive email newsletters.
What type of information is collected from you?
In running this website, we may collect and process information relating to you and your use of this site. Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. The data that we collect is detailed below:
- Details of visits to our website and the pages that are accessed. Including but not limited to; traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use the website. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service.
- The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. This information is recorded and sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
- Information you provide by contacting us via our website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as registering for information or making a purchase.
If you make a purchase from The Corner Cupboard, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to; your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data relating to a web user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual.
Processing information for legitimate business purposes
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- Where the processing enables us to improve our services for the benefit of our customers
- To identify and prevent fraud
- To better understand how people interact with our website
- To provide email communications which we think will be of interest to you
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
To provide you with information about our products that you request from us
- To process an order you have made
- To meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- For our internal purposes such as site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website
- To notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
We will not sell your information to third parties.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
When you are using our secure online payment gateway, your purchase is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
How do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you
- Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to ask for the information The Corner Cupboard holds about you.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with SSL across the entire website.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Use of ‘cookies’
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and transferred to us where appropriate.
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Third Party Processing
The Corner Cupboard utilises the services of third party organisations to process your personal data. As the data controller, The Corner Cupboard determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. Where your data is processed by any third party on behalf of The Corner Cupboard, that third party is a processor under the GDPR. We confirm that we take steps in order to ensure that this data is processed lawfully under the law in accordance with each agreement that we have in place with each processor.
Review of this Policy